What is AFM®?
- AFM® is the best performing filter media on the market with a certified 1 micron filtration rate.
- AFM® is 100% bio-resistant: Prevents bacterial growth in the filter bed.
- AFM® is a sustainable product made of recycled glass.
Your benefits at a glance
- Crystal clear water.
- Lower chlorine consumption.
- No chlorine smell and up to 50% less THMs.
- The risk of infections by bacteria and parasites such as Legionella, Pseudomonas and Cryptosporidium is reduced to an absolute minimum.
- Same performance for many years. AFM® outlasts all other filter media.
AFM® - The best filtration
AFM® - The best filtration requires the best filter media!
AFM® Activated Filter Media is a direct replacement for sand, doubling the performance of sand filters without the need of additional investments in infrastructure.
AFM® is a highly engineered product manufactured from a specific glass type, processed to obtain the optimum particle size and shape. It is then exposed to a 3-step activation process to become self-sterilizing and to acquire superior adsorption properties.
Self sterilizing surface: AFM® is 100% bio-resistant, prevents channeling and the biological conversion from urea to ammonia in the filter bed responsible for the toxic chlorine smells (trichloramines).
Superior adsorption properties: The surface area of AFM® is strongly increased and becomes hydrophobic (water-repellent) to filter particles down to 1 micron and to remove about 50% more organic substances from the water than sand and other glass filter media, thus reducing the formation of harmful THMs including chloroform by up to 50%.